Friday 18 October 2013

Pre-trip: Packing

I made my own packing list in Thai in excel file some years ago when I was traveling a few times a year. It is similar to other packing lists that you can find on the internet. 

http://kailaibala.blogspot.com/2012/05/general-travel-tips-for-kailash.html
http://www.theintrepidtraveler.net/2010/10/27/the-ultimate-adventure-packing-list/

Below are my must-bring items.

Shoulder scarf
>> Multi-purposes. I used it to cover my face and mouth when it was too cold. I used it in the car as well to block the sunlight by clipping it with the side handrail. In some guesthouses, the blankets were a bit dirty, so I used the scarf to cover the rim of the blanket side that was near my face.

Neck pillow
>> I got the one which has little foam balls inside. I used it when I was sleeping in the car/bus and also as a side pillow to hug when sleeping in bed.

Eye mask and ear plugs
>> I can sleep at anywhere anytime.

Wet tissue
>> In some places where there was no toilet/bathroom, I used wet tissue to clean everything from my face to my shoes.

Folding bucket
>> To make your own warm water to brush your teeth and clean your face/body.

Pocket soap
>> I don't like the feeling of liquid alcohol on my hands. I used this pocket soap instead.

Facial mask
>> If you travel for a long time, facial masks are lifesaver!!!

Sunscreen SPF50 PA++ and hand cream
>> Tibet is very dry and the sunligh is very strong.

Pantyliner
>> Nothing is worse than wearing the same underwear for many days.

Bratop
>> Some days I didn't feel like wearing underwire bras.

Disposable charcoal dust mask
>> For all the dirtroad rides.

Perfume
>> When you couldn't shower for 5 days, perfume was the only resort of freshness.

Body spray
>> Not to be used with your body. I sprayed it on the smelly blanket in some guesthouses.

Zip lock bags
>> I used it to keep my map/documents, snacks, and etc.

Small calculator
>> Very useful when negotiating price with minivan drivers and for cost calculation.

Adapter
>> In some guesthouses, there was only one outlet plug.

Brimmed hat with band
>> For sunny days.


For my next trip, I will buy these useful items which Jeff brought along with him this time.

Water purifier
GPS tracker
External battery USB charger
Liner for sleeping bag
Tang orange juice mix


No comments:

Post a Comment